A new feature has been added to COS (as of version 5.1.2) to allow pre-recorded audio files to be left on answering machines when making live calls. It is setup so that agents/volunteers code the call L-Left Message (LM) to play the message, and it can also be used in conjunction with Answering Machine Detect to have the dialer automatically catch the answer machines and play the message without agent intervention.
1. You’ll notice on the dashboard, all live call projects now have a folder called Dialer Audio Files. Here you can upload a WAV or MP3 to be used for a pre-recorded message drop.
2. Click upload file and then select your audio file and Upload it. If no audio file is uploaded, then the L-Left Message button will simply code the call but play no message.
3. Once loaded, the audio file will appear. You can delete by highlighting and try again if needed.
4. Very Important: Before this feature will work, you must again SAVE DIALER (Save Script to Dialer) AFTER you have loaded the audio file. Failure to do this will result in the message failing!
5. By using Answer Machine Detection (AMD), you can have the dialer automatically identify answering machines, and play the message after the beep. Please note this adds a 2-3 second delay from the person saying “Hello” to it getting to an agent if it’s not an answering machine. If AMD is turned OFF, all calls including answering machines will go to the agent, who can then wait for the beep and code the call L-Left Message (LM) on their own.
6. Make sure the Left Message LM button is on the opening screen for the agent/volunteer. Go to Edit PO / Status codes and make sure the LM is selected to be on “Opening”. YOU MUST AGAIN SAVE THE SCRIPT TO DIALER IF ANY CHANGES ARE MADE TO STATUS CODES.