Here’s list of recommendations for mobile campaigners to take into account when creating an image you’re going to use in an MMS campaign message. These recommendations give you the highest likelihood of your MMS image looking good when received on the majority of mobile devices.
- MMS images should be vertical (portrait), as nearly all modern device screens are vertically aligned.
- No matter the size of the MMS image you use, be sure not to exceed a file size of 500Kb.
- MMS image should be 640 pixels wide X 1,138 pixels high, with an aspect ratio of 9:16.
- It’s important to note that on certain iPhone models, the image is first received in preview mode. This mode covers a small portion of the top and bottom of the image. When a user touches the image in preview mode, the image is then viewed in full. It’s because of this that we recommend that you don’t put any “content of interest” in the top and bottom 100 pixels of your MMS image.
- Only "jpeg, jpg, png, gif, mpg, mpeg, mp3, mp4, pdf" files are supported.